The Goethe-Zentrum Kathmandu (GZK) is looking for a director as soon as possible, latest by 20th January 2020
40 hours per week
WHAT IS IN STORE FOR YOU?
You will get the chance to lead a well established institution, while further developing its competitiveness in a culturally highly interesting environment. Together with the dedicated team of teachers and administrative staff it will be your responsibility to complete its transition from a language center to a fully fledged cultural exchange facility. The interest in Germany and the demand for German language lessons is growing rapidly. Since you are directly reporting back to the board, you will have freedom of action and enjoy fast and efficient decision making.
- Managing staff and institutional resources including decisions on infrastructure, business plans, budgeting, etc.
- Ensure and improve quality standards of the language and exam department by supporting and giving guidance to their respective heads
- Propose and manage the hiring of teachers as well as supervising them and control the quality of tuition
- Supervise and coordinate the construction of a new main building including relocation
- Further developing the emerging cultural department including proposing the hiring of staff in this field.
- Active public relations and marketing (organizing and updating the website and social media)
- Networking and maintaining contacts with the German Embassy Kathmandu, the Goethe-Institute New Delhi and other external partners, including the accounting firm and the web designers
- Develop and propose strategies and concrete plans to enter new business fields with the GZK and ensure a successful execution thereof, in accordance with guidelines and regulations given by the
annual general meeting (AGM) and the board
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION:
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong social and intercultural competence
- Conceptual, strategic and business thinking
- Minimum of three years of experience in managing an institution
- Ability to work in stressful or at least in non-european environments
- Experience in networking and project management
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside of regular working hours and organize your time schedule according to needs
- Good IT skills
- Proficient command of German and English (written and spoken) is essential, knowledge of Nepali is an advantage
- Prior experience in providing and managing training programs would be an additional asset
- Adequate salary, comparable to voluntary expatriate staff in comparable cultural institutions (personal inquiry possible at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Housing bonus
- One yearly flight to Germany
- Visa through the German Embassy
The Goethe-Zentrum Kathmandu is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, thus competitors from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including differently abled persons are
encouraged to submit their applications. Foreign nationals will obtain a working visa from the Nepalese Government via the German Embassy. Please send your application along with your CV, certificates, references and cover letter until 15th November
Goethe-Zentrum; 181, Panchayan Marg, Thapathali; P.O. Box 1103, Kathmandu
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview